Like most of the hospitality industry, Log Cabin Wilderness Lodge has been GREATLY effected by the travel bans, closures and event cancellations impacted by the Corona virus (COVID-19). We hope all are doing their part to stay safe during this pandemic, and look forward to when we can return to normal. As such, we continue to remain open for essential travel following these guidelines. We want to keep our guests as safe as possible during their stay! As such, we will continue to take reservations via telephone at 907-883-3124, our website and email and discussing circumstances with potential guests through at least September 30th. When we accept you as a guest, we will do everything possible to make your stay with us a safe experience. We will continue to follow Safer at Home policies and practices as well as those recommended by the CDC and Alaska Department of Health. Several of these practices are noted below.
- More frequent disinfecting/sanitizing of high touch areas in the Inn’s public spaces to our already high cleanliness standards.
- Greater attention to our already high personal hygiene habits, especially regarding hand washing and other health/safety standards when cleaning and preparing breakfasts.
- We are using cleaning products and procedures that are approved for eliminating COVID-19.
- Our guests will be able to sit at tables a safe distance apart.
- Meals will be served at a private table in our dining room.
- Condiments like salt, pepper, sugar, etc.. will be disinfected prior to each meal.
- Our servers will wear protective vinyl gloves.
- Employees are required to wash their hands continuously throughout the day.
- Sick employees will not be allowed to report to work
- Shared surfaces such as door handles, railings, furniture, fixtures, remote controls, light switches and trash cans are disinfected (daily, Hourly, etc..)
- Hand sanitizer will be available in common areas
- The Lodge is spacious enough to keep the “safe distance” of 6 feet from others at all times.
- John and Jill are the only employees, so there are no other employees potentially infecting the Inn.
- We are using the web, email and telephone for all business transactions whenever possible.
- We are diligent about safe practices when shopping for food items.
- If you are concerned about making a reservation at this time:
- Either full refunds or gift certificates for future stays will be given regardless of the date cancelled.
- We have always handled cancellations of DIRECT BOOKINGS on a case-by-case basis.
- Special attention will be paid to guest needs, to industry practices, and to State and National guidance regarding this pandemic.
If you have any questions or additional concerns, please call us at 907-883-3124. We hope you join us at the Log Cabin Wilderness Lodge for your travel.
In the meantime, stay healthy!